Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Butterfly card - a long time in the making...


Have you ever taken a very l o n g time to put together a card? Well this one got started in about April at a night crafting session with my dear friends, Gerry and Marie. They were both scrapping that night and completed double lay-outs while I did about four half-cards. As is often the case, I didn't have all I needed with me to complete the cards and I took them home to finish. I always have such good intentions :)

The inspiration for this card came from the famous Teneale Williams. Hard to improve on her perfection - kept the same colours (she's pretty clever making More Mustard look attractive) but adjusted to lay-out. Added the silver ribbon because I love this ribbon (in every colour)!

I think I'm happy with it - really can't stretch it out any longer. But then again, I haven't given it away yet so a modification is still possible...

Thanks for looking.

Love from Crafty Kim

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Sadly...yes I can admit to a card a LONG time in the making too. Worth the wait tho Kim. I love the b'fly with the EOS flowers on it...looks v v grand. I rarely use More Mustard as well. The silver web ribbon adds the perfect finishing touch. So well done.