Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights on Show

Hello,

I'm finally back. Thanks for your patience and I hope to be posting more frequently.

Christmas celebrations have begun and I wanted to share something special with you. In my local area, the Baynie family has created a wonderful Christmas light show in their front yard (at 47 Oakleigh Drive, Thornleigh) for all to enjoy. The display, which the family have been producing for a few years now, is dedicated to the memory of their daughter whom they lost to leukemia when she was aged only in her twenties.

Their neighbours have joined in as well so there are three houses to view. So if you're located somewhere in North West Sydney suburbs, it is worth the trip. Lights are on from sunset until 10.30pm. They are lovely people and most welcoming. While you're out this way, please take a tour of my suburb, Westleigh, lots of families have got into the act, including our family's modest efforts. Please email me for more details of the streets.

If you're not in my local area, there are other light displays all over Sydney. Please visit the 2GB web site for details of the Christmas Lights Hot Spots (make sure you scroll down past the advertisements to see the various homes and locations) and to vote for your favourite display (no prizes for guessing who I'm voting for).

I'll be back posting about paper-craft next.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: