Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Father's Day

(Card created by Nicky Adamson)

“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.” Mark Twain.

I love this quote, it pretty much sums up how I was at seventeen years old. I thought I knew it all and I couldn't wait to "fly the coup" (my parent's home). Within weeks (or was it hours?) I knew I'd had it pretty good at home. Amazing how one's perspective changes.

Hope all the Dads out there had a Happy Father's Day. The monochromatic card above was made by Nicky Adamson during our weekend away at the beginning of August. I love the simplicity of the card. Sometimes we get carried away with layering, matting, sponging and other special techniques (all good fun) but really, I love a clean look. Nicky is one of my downline demonstrators and has recently launched her own website. Be sure to check it out here. Thanks Nicky for sharing your creation.

Well I'm happy to be back here posting. A crafty friend told me today she had subscribed to my blog which prompted (shamed) me into coming by for the first time in too long. Thanks everyone for your patience and continued interest.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: