Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rugby-Themed Birthday Card for 9 Year Old


My son attended the birthday party of a new-found school friend. They have both started playing Rugby Union for school sport so when I came across some stamped football-related images from my friend Romaine (these impressions were made many moons ago), I decided to make the birthday boy's card using them. Nothing like using up your stash.

The school colours are red, grey and blue so I water-coloured the images in these colours and teamed them with matching card stock and ribbon. The background was made with a new Cuttlebug embossing folder which I think is great for male cards of any age. The number nine is a piece of chipboard inked in red and then coated with Crystal Effects.

I printed a greeting for the inside of the card using my PC and colour printer:


Thanks for looking. Hope you're having a good day.

Love from Crafty Kim

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great card Kim very apt for the footy playing 9 year old. And cute sentiment - you are a poet! Hope you and the family are well.
Love Crafty Caz x

Margaret said...

Love this card Kim. Well done and you took the trouble to match the school colours. Margaret