Saturday, June 18, 2011

Inspired by Asia


Australia has much to thank Asia for. Who doesn't enjoy their local Asian restaurant? I could eat Thai almost every night. And many of us have holidayed in parts of Asia. There's no doubt that my life is better for the influence of Asian friends.

This influence extends to paper-craft. For starters, I've never met a Japanese paper I didn't like. And I love the various Asian doll stamps. I've used both in the above card. This particular Japanese paper has been speaking to me for some time. So I finally relented and bought it. I love the colours, and I've used the same colours to colour up the doll. I've also used an embossing folder to give the dark green card a textured finish in the form of blossoms. I know it's a bit hard to see in this photo - the legacy of photos taken too late at night.

I've got a couple more Asian cards to share and as usual, loads more ideas! In the interim, I wanted to share this great tutorial for punch art Japanese dolls from Kirsteen. Here's a sample of what she has created:

Please check it out...

Love from Crafty Kim

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Kim this is beautiful. I love the fact that it all balances so beautifully. Sadly I don't share your affinity with Thai. I love the dry embossing...looks so lovely.