Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yellow Poppies for Mum


Well today has been pretty grey and damp in Sydney town. Bit like the June day my mother's birthday fell on this year. My brother chose a restaurant on the ocean to celebrate the occasion with a family dinner. It would have been a lovely place to gaze at the sea had the wind not been swirling and the rain pelting against the windows and shades. Not to worry, we enjoyed the meal regardless.

Yellow is my mother's favourite colour. I bought this Poppy stamp set after being inspired by Jules' red poppy cards HERE. I'm going to try some red poppies in time for Rememberance Day in November. I've been eyeing off the large scallop border die for some time and decided it was time to give it a go.

I decided to decorate the inside and envelope as well:

I still have two more Asian cards to share when I get a chance. Blogger has been having some issues and between work and school holidays, there's not much blogging time but thanks for visiting, always appreciated.

Love from Crafty Kim

1 comment: