Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Father's Day Card made with Decorative Paper


Want a quick and simple way to make a Father's Day card? Use Stampin' Up!® Designer Series Paper. This card, designed by Karen Oliver during our weekend away together, uses paper from the Outlaw 12 x 12 inch Designer Series Paper. When I first saw this paper I wasn't sure about the relevance of the Western / Cowboy style for Australia. But I love the colours that co-ordinate with this paper; Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel and Very Vanilla. And along with the three co-ordinating Boho West stamp sets, it has proven very useful for male cards and scrapbook layouts. SU! paper is a bargain too, at $1 each for double-sided sheets.

To make this card interesting, textured card stock has been used for the base card. Textured card stock is new to SU! this year, and is available in variety packs for each of the four SU! colour families. Again, when I first saw the SU! Jumbo Eyelets, I thought to myself "how am I going to use these?" But I've found them great for embellishing cards for men. And don't be thinking they are hard to set. Not with the handy Crop-A-Dile. Finished with a greeting from Occasional Greetings stamp set, this card is ready for the 7 September.

Time for a Fatherhood quote from Mark Twain, perhaps to offer hope to parents of teenagers:

"When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Enjoy creating something special for the Dads in your life.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: