Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Novelty Card for Father's Day

Father's Day is celebrated in Australia on Sunday 7 September 2008. That's not far away. So here's my first Father's Day card suggestion:



This card was inspired by Lorri Heiling. I have used Close to Cocoa card stock which has been lightly sponged with the same colour ink to give it texture and a more leather-like look. I've also used a Jumbo Eyelet set by the fantastic eyelet setting tool called the Cropodile to make the wallet clasp. Paper piercing combined with a Chocolate Chip marker pen has created the faux stitching. Very handy for the likes of me who can not sew.

Once opened, the card looks like this:



The intention is to put a store gift card e.g. from Bunnings where you see the yellow note paper. You could also insert cash or a cheque into the back section of the card. And in keeping with the definition "A Daddy is....A man who has photos in his wallet where his money used to be" I've included a photo of my son, Ashley, with his Dad, Bryan, which has been edged with photo corners made using the Photo Corners Punch from Chocolate Chip card stock.

Please email me if you would like further instructions for this card.

Well I'm feeling rather tired after day 1 of the Stitches and Craft Show at Rosehill but it was great fun. And there's four more days to get in and see us. I'll post some more information on what we're up to tomorrow evening.

Love from Crafty Kim






No comments: