Monday, March 2, 2009

One Lay-Out, Three Birthday Cards

(Eastern Blooms from Summer Mini Catalogue ends 31 March 2009)

A couple of weeks ago, I made birthday cards for my brother and sister-in-law. No matter that their birthdays had passed some time ago....I started with the floral card shown above. This is a variation on a basic theme that I made with Bud Basics last year:

(Bud Basics, now at 25% off, great value for $25.46)

On the Eastern Blooms card, I have used a trio of pink-red colours: Rose Red, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink. I've scalloped the edge with the SU! Scallop Edge Punch and placed a piece of Rose Red card underneath the scallops. I've stamped an extra flower on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, cut it out and placed Chunky Glitter with Tombow Glue in the flower centre. The "happy birthday" greeting is from Occasional Greetings and the wide grosgrain ribbon colour is Certainly Celery. To create the leaves, I've used the 5-Petal Flower Punch and scissors with Certainly Celery card stock. I then scored and folded the leaves to give them extra dimension, here's a close up:


For the Bud Basics card, I've used the soon-to-be-deleted colours of Purely Pomegranate and Groovy Guava teamed with one of the most useful colours in the range, Chocolate Chip. You'll notice that some of flower centres have "bling" on them? Leave me a comment suggesting how I did this and I'll put the names from all the correct comments in a dish and draw out one person to receive a packet of SU! 12 x 12 inch paper (valued at $11.95). Comments close at 6pm Friday 6 March 2009 (Eastern Standard Time in Australia). Please, entries from Australian residents only and, entries from other Stampin' Up! demonstrators are not eligible to win a prize.

I didn't think my brother would appreciate a floral card so I decided to adapt the same basic lay-out for a male and use stars instead:

(In The Stars from Summer Mini Catalogue ends 31 March 2009)

In the Stars stamp set has been stamped in Soft Sky and Blue Bayou ink (also retiring soon) and Blue Bayou ribbon added. There is a brad from the discounted Pewter HodgePodge Hardware (now only $39.71 such great value). The feature star has been stamped on a separate piece of Whisper White card stock, punched out with the co-ordinating Large Star Punch and popped up with a Dimensional.

Now it's time for me to update the availability list for the retiring items so better get on it.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: