Friday, July 17, 2009

Cute Punch Animal Cards

Woo hoo, I made it here to post some of my creations. I've been snapping away today so lots to show you over the next few days.

I love Punch Art but don't often take the time to do it. But I recently set myself a challenge to make some Cute Critter cards for a paper-craft class group. Here are the results:


Now this pup is a bit tricky because I had the hand-cut his body. Not rocket science I hasten to add, just not as easy as punching out the shape. Now I've also been having a Cuttlebug and Nestabilities session in preparation for another upcoming class so I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder to give this doggy a nice background to sit on. The greeting was printed out on my 'puter using Comic Sans font and then punched with the Stampin' Up! Word Window Punch.

This next card is the easiest one, a quick starting point if you're inspired to make some of these cards:


Again, I've used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to make the grass. And if you're wondering how the background is done, I hand-drew some clouds on a piece of scrap paper, cut two out, and then used them to mask the white card while I sponged around the mask with blue.

Now for my favourite card (although the dog was a close second):


This time I used a Nestabilities Label as a mat for my frog on its lily pad. And I've used a CuttleBug folder on the card base. I'm really loving the variety of card image mats I can make with the Nesties, sure beats a rectangle or square.

And last, but not least, was an adaption of a card featured on my blog earlier this year:


Most of the details are on the original post but I added the embossed heart background and greeting.

In the interest of speedy posting, I'm not publishing the ingredients or how-to for these cards. But if you have any questions, please let me know. And I confess, I didn't invent these creatures. I collected the ideas from a late night trawl of the internet and CASE'd away to make them my own. I'd love to acknowledge the inspiring artists but I've lost track. But THANKS to those other paper-crafters who so willingly and generously share their tips and tricks. May Kraft Karma reward you.

Love from Crafty Kim

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Kim..they are all devine..too cute for words!! The frog has my vote at the mo...altho the chicken is wonderful too. Thanks for sharing them.