Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Starry Birthday Card for Benjamin


Ever been in the situation where your child is due at another child's birthday party in an hour (or less)? You'd think I'd have a stash of kids' cards on hand but no, no such luck. Here's a card I made quickly using a stamp wheel called Classic Stars. In fact, I made it while teaching at a stamp-and-crop-day so it wasn't in anyway difficult. I used Ballet Blue which is one of my favourite blue colours in the Stampin' Up! range. It looks good teamed with Real Red. A customer kindly gave me a chipboard number "8" and I inked it with Ballet Blue but of course, I didn't paint it white first so Ballet Blue became almost Not Quite Navy with the grey of the chip coming through.

I was lucky to remember to take a photo before I hastily stuffed it into an envelope and attached it to the gift. The resulting photo isn't well lit but there is a row of piercing underneath the stars (in the red cardstock). And the stamped red stars (which were punched out using the large and small Stampin' Up'! stars punches) are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. Not sure I needed that Real Red grosgrain ribbon in hindsight.

In the end, Benjamin had a fun birthday party in the company of his friends, including my son so I was happy.

Love from Crafty Kim

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Gotta love those last minute crisis cards dontcha Kim...LOL?? You did an awesome job. Luv the stars and the colour combo too!! Hope the recipient appreciated it too.

Bobby Matthews said...

Thanks forr writing