Friday, January 30, 2009

Love is in the air....


For the romantics out there. There's a great set in the current Summer Mini Catalogue called A Happy Heart. I've used it to make the Valentine's Day card above.

The heart stamp was stamped in Versamark onto white card stock (which had previously been rubbed with my Embossing Buddy) and embossed with white embossing power. I prefer this approach over stamping in white pigment ink and embossing with clear embossing powder as it gives me a sharper image. Then I hand cut the heart out, leaving a small border around it. I got my trusty sponge daubers out and using Pretty in Pink and Bravo Burgundy ink pads, I coloured the heart in varying tones:


From there it was an easy run, stamp the background in Bravo Burgundy ink onto the same coloured card stock. Use the new Scallop Edge Punch to make the scalloped edge, do some more daubing of edges and tie a ribbon. Done. I think Bravo Burgundy and Pretty in Pink go well together.

I'm hoping you had a more romantic Valentine's Day than I did. My Valentine's treat was an African Drumming Party for 30-odd children aged between 1 and 9 years old. It was raining of course, so it was inside a community hall. However, I was lucky enough to go stamping with my friends on Saturday night. I'll come back later to show you what I made then.

Love Crafty Kim

No comments: