Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baroque Fireworks

(Photo and creation courtesy of Lorraine Mastalski)

Hello _FINALLY_,

Thanks for your patience while my non-stamping world has kept me away. I really appreciate that you keep checking back for new posts and haven't given up on me. A quick note of explanation....I am currently working three part-time jobs (in addition to Stampin' Up!). I've always had a few balls in the air but recently I was offered the opportunity to work part-time in my original profession of science. Paper-crafter and scientist - it doesn't have a poetic ring! But the offer to get back into the corporate world was too attractive to turn-down (I have the best boss in the world and I get a lap-top all to myself, no more sharing with hubby and kids) and is helping to keep my family in the manner to which they are becoming accustomed, i.e. lots of take-away food, an ironing lady, after-school care and a scatter-brain wife and mother. Just joking, it's not all bad. We have just bought a much-needed second car and are planning a holiday to Fiji later in the year.

Anyway, enough of me, you didn't come here for a soap opera but I felt some explanation was necessary and I thank you in advance for your patience until I get into a new routine. Today, I'm plugging a community event. If you're in Australia, do you miss Firecracker Night? Maybe you're too young to remember it but I have very fond memories of bonfires and crackers on our long weekend in June to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's birthday.

Schofield's Public School is holding their Annual Fireworks festival TONIGHT = Friday 29 May 2009. If you're in the area, and would love a kid-friendly afternoon/evening out, then take the kids along, and be sure to drop into the Stampin' Up! stall. Sadly, I can't be there (I'm working elsewhere) but my good friend and team member Ryn Gibbs will be there with a display, catalogues to browse, and paper-crafted treats to buy. There are also Carnival Rides, sideshows, entertainment, a BBQ and a Showbag Stall, so there is something for everyone! And you'll be supporting children's education while having all this fun.

Where: Schofields Public School - St Albans Road, near Junction Road. Click HERE for a map.

When: 4.30 pm - approximately 8pm (fireworks when darkness falls)

And lastly, but certainly not least, thank you to Lorraine Mastalski for her fireworks card (shown above) made with one of my favourite ever sets, Baroque Motifs. Visit Lorraine's website for more card details.

But you know me, I couldn't end it there, in my search I found this cute journal cover from Pat Sell. Thanks for sharing your talent Pat.

(Photo and creation courtesy of Pat Sell)

Well, my time really is up now. I'm off to make lasagne and butter chicken, I am helping my dear friend and new Stampin' Up! demonstrator Carolyn (note this is a link to Carolyn's Facebook Page, register or login to view) to cater for her Winter Warmers luncheon tomorrow. Have a good weekend, squeeze some stampin' in.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: