Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day & Alisa's Creation

(Creation and Photo Courtesy of the Very Talented Alisa Tilsner, with THANKS)

Firstly, Happy Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mums out there. I thought I'd leave aside the emotive motherhood quotes and try a few funny quotes about mothers:

A mother forgives us all our faults, not to mention one or two we don't even have ~Robert Brault

It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it ~ From the television show The Golden Girls

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after ~ Peter De Vries

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly ~ Ambrose Bierce

Hope you got a smile from these.

Now onto the card above. Continuing on with the Convention-themed posts, this card I spied on Alisa Tilsner's bag not long after reaching Canberra. I had hoped to score one of her Convention swaps but alas, I was too late to trade. But luckily she posted this beautiful card on her website so for more details, please visit her there.

I have long admired Alisa's water-colouring. She is one of the most highly-regarded water-colouring artists in the paper-crafting realm. And she generously shared some of her skills with us at Convention in 2008. To view her water-colouring demonstration, please click here. Thanks again to Alisa for sharing her creativity and expertise.

The flower stamp above is from Fifth Avenue Florals which I have just ordered for my own collection so please stay tuned for more cards made using this set. At Convention, I also purchased an Umbrella featuring the stamp set, how cool is this:


A close up of the images follows:


Looking outside, I might even get a chance to use mine tomorrow.

Well that's it from me today. I'll be back to show you the card my son Ashley made for me for Mother's Day. But my life is very full of non-crafty distractions right now so thanks in advance for your patience.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: