Monday, May 4, 2009

My Stampin' Convention Swap Card


Everything about this card and this post is quick. I would love to have made 50+ grand cards to swap with other Convention attendees but the night before Convention came and reality set in.

So, I set to work with Pocket Silhouettes to make the above card. I made several variations of it, both in terms of the featured image (there being four to choose from in the stamp set) and colour (shown above is Mellow Moss and Perfect Plum). Apart from using the Scallop Edge Punch, I've stamped off to get the lighter coloured flower stalks and sponged nearly every edge. I thought "Friend to Friend" was particularly appropriate given that I was distributing these cards to other paper-craft enthusiasts.

Pocket Silhouettes a great little set, so easy and so fast. Also great for Silhouette Cards. What do I mean by Silhouette Cards? I learnt all about them from Pam Morgan who is the Vice-President of Demonstrator Support with Stampin' Up! in the USA. For my fellow Beagle dog lovers out there, Pam is also the proud owner of Louie, a 9 year old Beagle dog (it seems Beagles the world over are given to naughty behaviour). She is also a huge fan of Arnotts Tim Tam biscuits and travelled home on Sunday with a large supply of several varieties. Her son had requested a didgeridoo as his souvenir from Australia but she had to break the news to him that it wouldn't fit into either her luggage or budget. Anyway, back to the cards, she showed several ways to add light and shadow to cards and I'll be sharing this knowledge with you in upcoming posts.

At Convention there was a swapping frenzy and by the end I had received a large number of swap cards in return and I'll be featuring some of these in upcoming days on my website, including a couple more using this same set, Pocket Silhouettes. I hasten to add that many of the card creators put much more effort into their swaps than I did so you're in for a treat.

'til then, hope you're squeezing some crafting into your week.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: