Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Colour Challenge from Get Ready Christmas Craft Day


On Saturday 10 October, we hosted our second Get Ready For Christmas Craft Day at the Epping Creative Centre. We welcomed 41 guests for a day of crafting which included morning tea of scones with home-made jam; three craft demonstrations from Carolyn Gibbs, Clare Mcilhatton (fondly known as Crafty Cow), and myself; lunch; four make-and-takes, three challenges; lucky draw with super prizes and afternoon tea. Guests were treated to hand-decorated coffee mugs, a goodie bag, lollies and a large wall of inspiration containing many cards and scrap page samples. Somewhere in amongst that, we managed to raise funds for the breast cancer cause (more on this in a future post).

I want to acknowledge the contribution of my Mum, Robyne Staples, both ahead and on the day. Mum is always there when I need her. My downline, Carolyn Gibbs was also an invaluable extra mind and pair of hands. Without the help of these key people, the day would not have happened! Of course, thanks must also go to all of the participants who came along and had a blast, especially those who helped us set-up and pack-up...thank you Nicky Adamson, Karen Fowler, Paula Perna and Cathy Howe. Needless to say, we were all exhausted afterwards...

Now one of my tasks for the day was to set the challenges. The first was a colour challenge:


My response to this challenge is shown at the beginning of this post. We had a great response to the challenges set and I was impressed with all of the entries. However, the winner of this challenge (as determined by vote) was my friend, Suzanne Leverton with this card:

Congratulations to Suzanne who won a Simply Sent Kit which had been kindly donated by Stampin' Up!

There's so much more I could share from the day but I must sign off for now (promise to return with more).

For those who placed orders with me on the day, thanks again for these and deliveries will be made in the next few days.

Thanks for your interest.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: