Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Cards Using Non-Traditional Colours


Well since I got back from Fiji, my little boy has developed a nasty stomach virus and so I've been at home mainly keeping him company, tending his needs and watching cartoons. Not all bad for me ;) It also means I've had time to post. I probably should be doing some work from home but I'll get to that next.

Anyway, to the craft. I made the above card from a stack of purple papers I found in the bargain bin of a local craft shop. I admit I was drawn to them because purple is my favourite colour. The paper made these cards quick work since I used them as background and for the greeting. Unfortunately the photo doesn't show you that the tree has been glittered using Heat 'n' Stick Powder then Dazzling Diamonds. So, in real life, the tree is sparkly deep purple. I stamped the envelope with a matching tree (but without the glitter).

And I also made this co-ordinating card as well using different paper within the same range.

This time the tree is pale gold in colour. In SU! speak, it is almost River Rock in tone (a retired In-Colour ink).

Well I hope these help to inspire you make some of your own Christmas cards, time is running out to make cards. It's a slippery slope to Christmas from here on.

Love from Crafty Kim

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I LOVE these cards Kim! Purple's my favourite colour too.
Glad you had a great time in Fiji.

Unknown said...

beautiful cards kim