Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Howl-o-ween


Bula bula again from Fiji where there's been a few kids dressed up in Halloween costumes instead of board shorts and "rashies". In place of carving pumpkins, they carved coconuts. Cute.
Here's a quick card I made before I left. Originally for a kids' class but I decided it had a distinctive Halloween note. I do love punch art even if it's a bit fiddly. This one was quite simple by comparison with some others I made, shown here. And it works really well with the embossed spider web background. Another idea I had was to put a lollipop behind the spider and turn it into a treat card.
We've not got long to go in Fiji before we return home and I'm kinda looking forward to it. Australia really is a great place to live and travelling always makes me appreciate it more. And it's been raining and cool the last two days so not quite as much fun without the sun. But we did see the Fijian men walk on the hot stones, ouch!
Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: