Sunday, November 8, 2009

Down at the Farm


During the recent school holidays, my son and I were invited to stay at a hobby farm in the Southern Highlands. It grows hazelnuts for sale at local markets as well running a few head of Dorper sheep. They also keeps chooks (which produce eggs with yolks the colour of Summer Sun) and grows a wide variety of fruit and vegetables. Their jam is much sought after and was a big hit at the recent Christmas Craft Day.

I made this card as thanks for our farm stay which was full of such fun as performing sheep pedicures, spotlighting nocturnal animals, camping in a tent, riding motorbikes and swimming in the dam (that was Toby Beagle's favourite activity). I've used Thoughts and Prayers stamp set with the Faux Woodgrain Technique but this time I made the background look like floor boards. The card design is almost an exact CASE of a card made by Marelle Taylor which I loved as soon as I set eyes on it. Thanks for the idea Marelle. Notice the corners of the main image panel? I used the eyelet border punch as a corner punch - don't you love it when you get many uses from one tool?

Here are a few happy snaps from the weekend:

The Two Helmet Heads, Ashley and his friend

Ashley with Dorper Lamb

Toby Beagle enjoying a swim in and shake near the dam

It all ended well but we got a bit of a fright on Sunday morning when Toby Beagle ate some rat poison (buried deep under a stack of wood). But thanks to some quick action and a Moss Vale vet, no harm was done. Not sure how welcome Norty Dog is to visit again...

Love from Crafty Kim

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oh dear, you DID post that photo!!
Hmm, making mental note to find a more flattering pair of overalls, if such a thing exists!! Now, I should probably sign off with something along the lines of "eat my dirt" but you were giving me a good run for my money Evil Knievel!