Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Today we celebrated Father's Day. Fortunately the recent rain cleared and gave way to a sunny day here in Sydney.

Here's the card I made for my husband, Bryan, for this Father's Day. It was inspired by Cambria Turnbrow and I found it quick and easy to do.


I used some scraps of Jersey Shore Designer Series Paper that Karen Oliver donated to me (thank you Karen). This co-ordinates with the colours of Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi and Bashful Blue. I used one of the papers to fold and make the shirt. The buttons are Brilliant Blue Brads. I've used another of the papers to decorate the card base and added Wild Wasabi Double-Stitched Ribbon. I've stamped the circular sentiment "Hugs and Kisses" from Circle of Friendship on to Pumpkin Pie card stock, punched it out with the 1" circle punch and mounted it on Brilliant Blue card punched with the 1 1/4 " circle punch. The "Happy Father's Day" is from All Year Cheer II. All are mounted on Brilliant Blue and Wild Wasabi card stock. I think it works and a similar design could be used for a male birthday card.

Time for a quote. In keeping with all those Dads who today received a gift lovingly purchased at school Father's Days stalls around the country last week:

"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope." Bill Cosby

My son, Ashley, presented Bryan with chocolates (amongst other things) and proceeded to ask if he could have one. To which his Dad replied, "just one". This suited Ashley who then said "that's okay Dad because I don't like any others". While Bryan had an afternoon nap in front of the car races on television, Ashley and I made triple chocolate cookies for his afternoon tea. Pretty lucky Bryan woke up when he did or there may have been none left for him to enjoy. Is the love of chocolate genetic?

Hope all the Dads out there had a great day with their families. Thanks for visiting and please keep coming back, I've got lots to share this week.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: