Monday, October 20, 2008

Making Christmas Cards from Non-Christmas Stamps

So you thought I was here to persuade you to purchase Christmas-themed stamps, right? Not exactly*, please read on.

I guess I've been in the Christmas frame-of-mind for weeks now because Michelle Dyson and I have been busy preparing for our Get Ready for Christmas Event coming up this Saturday (25 October 2008) - only 5 sleeps to go. When you consider it, many images from various Stampin' Up! stamp sets can be used to create Christmas cards. Here's a Christmas card where I have used Baroque Motifs:


And here's another where I have used Little Pieces:


Of course, it helps to stamp a Christmas greeting to make the festive connection abundantly clear but there's no doubt even in my muddy mind that these are Christmas cards. What other SU! stamp sets do you like to use to make Christmas cards? Here's one that another demonstrator (who will remain anonymous for now) thought of:

(Photo courtesy of a mysterious but very talented stamper)

Stamp sleuths out there, which stamp set is this image from? And for the technically-minded, how did the stamper create this image? Please leave a comment or email me to let me know. I will reward the first three correct readers with a surprise prize (in keeping with the element of mystery). Offer is not available to those who already members of the Stampin' Up! family but overseas entries most welcome.

And at the Get Ready for Christmas Event on Saturday, I will be demonstrating how to use masking and circle punches to create Christmas cards. If you want to find out more, we'd love you to come along. We're still looking for more people to attend so please don't be shy, phone me on 0402 347 010 or email me!

Love from Crafty Kim

* I happily sell any SU! stamps :)

No comments: