Friday, October 10, 2008

Pink October - In Support of Breast Cancer Patients and Research

Some of you will know that I am a Breast Cancer survivor. So, please indulge me when I write to publicise Breast Cancer Awareness Month or what I term Pink October. You'll see lots of pink this month in Australia.

Pink Ribbon Day on the 27 October 2008 is a joint initiative of the National Breast Cancer Foundation:


and the Cancer Council of Australia:


There are various fundraising activities happening this month such as the sale of Pink Ribbon Merchandise, Girls Night In and the Pink Ribbon Motorcycle Ride.

I'm pleased to report that Scrapbooking Memories Magazine has a special issue planned, with heart warming stories and stunning projects to inspire. Plus, they are donating 10 cents of every copy of sold at Australian newsagencies and major chain and grocery stores to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. So look out for this issue:


And it is never too late to book a Stampin' Up! gathering for a Girls Night In. If your October is already booked up, consider November, the NBCF and Cancer Council of NSW gladly accept money for breast cancer causes at any time.

Lastly, for all those readers who do support the breast cancer cause, please accept my heartfelt thanks for helping people like my family and I. And to young women especially, please examine your breasts regularly to detect a breast tumour early. Don't think it can't happen to you, I was 34 years old with a 12 month old infant at the time of diagnosis. And my cancer had already begun to spread beyond my breast. But don't be scared to get any abnormalities checked because most breast lumps are not cancer.

Thanks for reading this message, I very much appreciate your attention to this compelling subject.

Love from Crafty Kim

3 comments:

Dani Fender said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for sharing such an inspriational post! I support breast cancer initatives and it is the only time I wear pink (proudly!). I have had many family members and friends that have been affected by breast cancer. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! God bless you Kim!

Dani

Ginny said...

hi Kim, thank you for sharing your story..just letting you know that I am holding a Girls Night In at my place and looking forward to a great night (fingers crossed)

ginny

www.my5bratz.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Kim! Our ladies group at church is having a "pink party"- Should be fun!