Monday, October 6, 2008

World Card-Making Day Promotion


Yes, there is such a thing as World Card-Making Day. Not quite up there with Christmas but a novel idea for card-makers. This year it fell on Saturday 4 October. I was scrapbooking with my friends at Brush Farm Bowling Club that day so, most unusually, I wasn't making cards.

But Stampin' Up! is offering 20% off its Simply Sent Kits from the 4 - 11 October 2008 to coincide with World Card-Making Day. If you don't know about Simply Sent Kits, they appear on pages 12 - 14 of the main Stampin' Up! catalogue. They make a great gift, especially for new card-makers and stampers. The cardstock is pre-cut, and there are instructions for making the suggested cards. Last year, I gave one as a get well gift to a new craft friend who was recovering from surgery. At the end of this year, I'm going to suggest one as the class gift for my son's school teacher. I'm even contemplating buying one for my Mum who is yet to make a card (not a huge recommendation is it, when your own Mum hasn't attended one of your classes)!

The kits might be useful for when you travel too, because they are compact, and contain everything you need. Who knows? Instead of packing your whole craft stash, you might be able to fit some clothes into your bag for a change ;)

And for more confident/experienced card-makers, you don't need to be limited by the suggested card ideas. There are plenty of ways to extend or "step up" the card ideas in the kits. And if you use up all the supplies in the kit, you've still got the stamps. To give you an idea, The Sending Happy Thoughts Kit shown in the picture above was also used by Kristin Moore to make this card:


As an aside, doesn't Purely Pomegranate go well with Bordering Blue and Night of Navy?

I can already hear some of you saying "I don't need another flower stamp". Fair enough. But don't think the Kits contain only flower images; there are five Kits to choose from, each with a different style. For more information on this promotion, please contact me on 0402 347 010 or email me. Please don't delay though, the promotion is for one week only.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: