Monday, October 13, 2008

Quick Scrappin' - Photo Board


I prepared this Photo Board as a make-and-take for a group of scrapbookers that I try to join every month at Brush Farm Bowling Club (warm "hello" to everyone in the group). Its actual size is 14 x 14cm. This one is free standing (i.e. it has a stand at the back). But my friend, Rachel English, suggested that some well placed magnets on the reverse would make it perfect for the fridge in your kitchen or the filing cabinet at your office.

I have used some of the bright Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper from the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalogue to cover a thick, square piece of plain chipboard. The co-ordinating colours for this paper are Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Old Olive. I chose to use Bashful Blue and Pumpkin Pie as the complimentary colours for my paper. The use of the Spiral and Tab Punches as well as the addition of some Pumpkin Striped Grosgrain and a Bashful Blue Brad is all I've done to complete the look.

The picture of Ashley and I, taken at Taronga Zoo on an overcast day in July, isn't brilliant in terms of focus or colour. One day I'll get the hang of digital photography - until then I keep experimenting with different papers and printers. The photo is not fastened down with adhesive, it is only held by the clip. So, if you get an updated photo, you can just clip it into place. For a step-by-step instruction on how to quickly create a photo board of your own visit Makeesha Byl's Tutorial (with thanks Keesh).

I'm thinking these photo boards would make nice, easy and affordable gifts for teachers, grandparents and the like for Christmas.

Thanks for visiting my web site.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: