Monday, April 20, 2009

(Decorative 12 x 12 inch) Paper on My Mind

Hello,

Another long pause between posts, thanks for checking back to see if I have updated my blog. I remain committed to an ongoing web presence but I'm suffering from more ideas than time!

One of the things I've been doing between posts is cutting up the new Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers. Yes, all 23 sets of 6 different designs. I ended up with thirty-two sets of one-hundred-and-sixty-eight 3 x 3 inch samples. Big thanks to my step-daughter, Chrissy, for helping me cut up sheets and collate sets. And then my dear Mum zoomed-in to help me post these samples out to customers and fellow demonstrators. Where would I be without Mum?

A timely thought since Mother's Day is fast approaching. I've been dreaming about paper as I'm sure you can appreciate so when asked to design some Mother's Day cards for upcoming classes and workshops, I used some paper!

In the card above I used Pick a Petal stamp set (page 96 of the main catalogue) stamped in Ballet Blue on some dotty Barely Banana paper (Spring Showers - now retired). The other colour is Mellow Moss. A rhinestone brad, some edge distressing, paper piercing, ribbon and sponging, and we're done. Use this idea for other occasions by leaving the "Mum" off or subsituting it with another greeting.

Enjoy your day and thanks again for looking,

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: