Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Here's to Friendship


"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be." Douglas Pagels

Without friendships, my life wouldn't be anything approaching the joy it is because of my friends. To all of you, thanks for being a part of my world. I truly appreciate you. I hope everyone had a safe and happy Easter.

Now about the card, it's one of those cards that I couldn't let go of. I stamped the images and wasn't happy with their positioning on the cardboard but I refused to give up on it. I think I did a reasonable job of rescuing it but I'm still not 100% happy. I must give credit where it is due; the use of So Saffron (the yellow colour) was my husband, Bryan's, suggestion. He offered it more in hope of getting me to be quiet about the card after I had loudly agonised over various options (he maintains that some of the craft room is his home office).

The other colours are this year's In-Colours; Pacific Point, Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red. The ribbon is the co-ordinating Pacific Point Striped Grosgrain Ribbon. I've used my Blender Pen and Baja Breeze Ink Pad to colour the "Good Friend" greeting.

Now I'm supposed to be designing a card for a card swap I'm attending with some other stampers tomorrow and then I'm booked to teach a class in the evening. Plus I need to go to work at my other job later tonight so must get on it. I'll come back to share what I make.

Love from Crafty Kim

2 comments:

Ness said...

Gorgeous card Kim! I just love this set.....so versatile and that little birdie is so darn cute!!!

Ness said...

Oh, forgot to add....looking forward to seeing you at Convention 2009!
only 17 more sleeps :)