Monday, April 6, 2009

A good time was had by all at New Catalogue Launch


Hello,

Just wanting to quickly share with you what I did last Saturday night. My step-daughter, Chrissy, and I went to a new catalogue launch party. Chrissy is seated at the front left in the photo above with my friends, Kim, Britta, Barbara and Fiona.

Chrissy got into the stamping quite easily, and made this card first:


It features three of the new In-Colours; Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point and Baja Breeze and the new stamp set, Good Friend, with a small piece of paper from Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper. The Tab Punch and Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon have also been used.

There were several new items and, card samples made with them, on display. It was a popular spot:

Thanks to these lovely guests for letting me take their photo, especially to the lady posing nicely with the catalogue [I'm told she used to be a Tuppa consultant so she "knows the ropes" :) ].

While I was busy talking, Christina kept occupied making another card:


This card features the stamp set Three Little Words. The inside of the card is stamped with "thanks so much". The colours are Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze and Pink Pirouette. This pink is lovely and soft, almost like fairy floss. The background image has been stamped in Versamark. Punched flowers from the Boho Blossoms Trio Punch have been layered and topped with half-pearls from the Pretties Kit. An edge scalloped with the Scallop Border Punch and Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon finish the card.

I stayed after the guests had left and made one more card which is still in need of a finishing touch but I will post it later this week, when my Pacific Point Ribbon arrives. When Michelle started suggesting I sleep-over on the sofa couch, I knew it was time to go so reluctantly we went home, happy to have the extra hour of sleep with the finish of daylight saving.

A good time was had by all. If you couldn't make it this time, please don't miss the next event. I am off to the Stampin' Up! Convention in Canberra on the 1 May so I'm thinking I'll host a gathering after I return to share the new techniques and ideas we gleen.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: