Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Final Tally for Stampin' Up! Bushfire Appeal

In mid-February, Stampin' Up! launched a Bushfire Appeal in response to the tragedy that affected so many lives in Victoria and across Australia. I'm pleased to announce that with the sales of the Bushfire Appeal sets, the final donation amount to the Australian Red Cross Bushfires 2009 Appeal will be $77,889.63!

THANK YOU to all those customers who purchased the Bushfire Appeal sets, you've made a difference to those whose lives have been shattered.

I thought the card above was "on-topic" since it depicts the beautiful gum blossoms prevalent in our native bush land. I see it as a sign of hope and recovery for not just our bush but our communities in those areas affected by recent bushfires. I know it will take time but the bush is resilient and so are Australians. To create this card, I've used a stamp set created exclusively for the Australian market, called Bloom Away (page 88 of the main catalogue). I've also used the Weathered background stamp. The colours are Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red and Garden Green. I've stamped the image in Staz-On onto watercolour paper and coloured with my Stampin' Up! Markers.

Love from Crafty Kim

No comments: