Friday, April 24, 2009

Hoot Hoot Hooray - It's an Owl Card


Have you noticed how popular trees, woods, birds and owls in particular have become in the realm of paper-craft? My own interest in owls started last Christmas when my lovely friend, Fiona, and I used some Hero Arts Owl stamps to make Christmas cards. Then I travelled to Africa where I saw plenty of real owls up close and my fascination grew. So I was really pleased to see a new owl set in the 2009 Stampin' Up! catalogue.

I made this card following a design by Beth Stewart who declares Owl Together Now to be her favourite set of the new catalogue. The colours are Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa and Pacific Point. The background paper is from the Urban Garden Designer Series Paper and the ribbon is Pacific Point Grosgrain. I've used a blender pen and ink pads to colour the image because of the small working area. I've eye-balled the positioning of the owls and balloon rather than used a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. Which is why one of the owl's feet are not sitting on the branch but hey, it's a bird, they jump and fly so why not?

Love from Crafty Kim on Anzac Day 2009
Lest We Forget

No comments: